Sommelier Challenge International Wine & Spirits Competition
1. To qualify for entry, a wine or spirits beverage must have been produced for commercial sale. Homemade wines will not be accepted for judging.
2. Each wine or spirit's category will be determined by information on the label.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
4. The Director reserves the right to create new categories if the number of entries warrant.
5. Six (6) 750ml bottles or the equivalent comprise a wine entry. Exceptions to the six-bottle rule are wines presented in alternative packaging. Please contact competition coordinator Felicia Forbes for guidance on alternatively packaged wines.
Two (2) 750ML, two (2) 700ML bottles or three (3) 500ML bottles comprise a spirits entry.
6. Wine entries must be received by July 21, 2017 to qualify for the Early Bird entry fee of $85. For entries submitted after July 21, the fee is $95 for wine. To qualify for early bird discount, fees must be paid by that date. The entry fee for spirits is $300. Entry fees are non-refundable. Awards will not be given to entries for which fees have not been paid at the time of the competition.
7. All wines entered must be received by August 25, 2017. Wines must be shipped to Sommelier Challenge, 315 16th Street, Suite B, San Diego, CA 92101-7605. Please bring this address to the attention of your shipping department; Competition is not responsible for shipments to any other address. Deliveries accepted after 11am. All submissions become the property of the wine competition.
8. Make checks payable to Sommelier Challenge. We also accept Visa, Master Card and American Express. Credit card charges will appear on your statement as Wine Cellar Productions.